• Acne Free In 3 Days - Does It Work That Quickly?

    Have you ever heard of the natural acne cure program acne free in 3 days? It's widely advertised on the internet and claims to clear up acne in just 3 days? When I had acne a few years ago I bought and tried this program to see for myself and here is what happened.

    When I initially bought the program I was disappointed to find that it was simply a 3 day fasting protocol. It instructed to eat nothing but apples for 3 days and on the third day to do an enema (which is like a colonic but done at home).

    The idea was simple enough. By doing a 3 day fast with apples it acted as a detox, especially with the pectin in the apples which helped make the detox quite thorough. The theory the author of the book stated was that it was toxins in the digestive system and particularly the colon that were responsible for acne and that by removing them using his protocol you would clear up your skin.

    This made sense to me and so I started the three day fast. It wasn't easy to do, especially the last day as I got extremely hungry and had no energy to do anything other than sit and watch tv. I couldn't be very active during the three days but I figured it would all be worth it at the end and so sacrificing three days of my life was a small price to pay for a lifetime of clear skin.

    At the end of the 3 days I noticed my severe acne was clearing up quite dramatically. Soon enough my skin was completely clear and I was delighted. However, after about a week my acne came back and I was massively disappointed. I re-read the book and one of the things I had missed the first time was that the author stated that the three day apple detox had to be done repeatedly to remain clear of acne.

    For me this wasn't possible. I lost weight doing it just once and was already fairly slim so I didn't see how doing it over and over again was possible. It was also something I found very difficult to do just once as I got incredibly hungry and tired so couldn't see myself doing it repeatedly. For me it was too much of a sacrifice to keep on doing the 3 day fast so I looked for other alternatives.

    Luckily I found another system that instead of requiring fasting dealt with the root cause of acne - not toxins in the colon, but hormonal imbalance. By balancing my hormones I could remain acne free and live an active and happy life too!

    Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6243164